CRANBERRY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST:
We used our RUSTIC NO-KNEAD CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD to make this amazing CRANBERRY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST with CINNAMON SYRUP. I LOVE french toast but I cannot stand when it is soggy. This bread is rustic and hearty and holds up very well. The fresh tang of the orange zest and cranberries pairs so beautifully with the sweet cinnamon syrup. My husband and I had this for lunch today and he could not quit talking about how great it was. My one year old screamed every time he needed another bite. I’m tellin’ ya, this is a must try.
I believe most people know how to make french toast. Not too complicated, but here is what we did.
HOW TO MAKE THE CRANBERRY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST with cinnamon syrup:
Start by slicing a loaf of our RUSTIC NO-KNEAD CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD.
Next crack two eggs into a bowl and add a cup of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla.
Now whisk it real good.
Heat a pan on the stove over medium heat and add a pat of butter.
Dip each side of a slice of bread in the mixture. Don’t soak it, just a quick dip will do.
Now stick it in the hot pan and cook on each side for a couple minutes until golden brown.
Continue with the rest of the bread. Now serve it up with some butter and fresh homemade CINNAMON SYRUP!
We hope you will give this CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST with CINNAMON SYRUP a try! To keep up with what’s going on at Huckleberry Life, follow our FACEBOOK page.
- 1 loaf of our rustic no-knead cranberry orange bread, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- butter for the pan
- cinnamon syrup
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla to a bowl and mix well.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium/low heat.
- Dip each side of a slice of bread in the milk/egg mixture. No need to soak, a quick dip will do.
- Add a pat of butter to the pan and swirl around.
- Add the bread to the pan and cook 1 or 2 minutes on each side, just until browned.
- Continue with the rest of the bread.
- Serve with some butter and amazing cinnamon syrup