DELICIOUS CINNAMON SYRUP:
When I was first married….ahem, 15 years ago….I was introduced to cinnamon syrup. It was life changing! It is so dang simple to make and tastes incredible. We love it on pancakes, but it is especially great on our CRANBERRY ORANGE FRENCH TOAST.
Turn the stove to medium/high heat and whisk it. Whisk it real good. 🙂
Once you reach a nice rolling boil, continue to cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and let cool for a couple minutes. Then add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 cup heavy cream and whisk until incorporated. You could use canned evaporated milk if you don’t have cream on hand.
Now go dump some of your delicious cinnamon syrup on french toast, pancakes, waffles, your finger….or whatever you can find. 🙂
- ½ C. corn syrup
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ C. water
- ½ C. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- To a medium sauce pan add corn syrup, sugar, cinnamon and water and stir well.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium/high heat, stirring continually.
- Once you reach a rolling boil, cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for a couple minutes.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla and stir.
- Store in refrigerator in air tight container up to one week.
Hope you love this simple and yummy recipe! Follow the fun on FACEBOOK.