This is a super simple, DELICIOUS, recipe. If you’ve never tried a poke cake before you should give this a whirl! The cake is so moist and sticky and amazing.
This is what we used. Boxed cake mix. Sweetened Condensed Milk. Caramel Sauce. Butterfinger baking bits and homemade whipped cream. You can totally make your cake from scratch if ya want. You could also use Coolwhip…but I think the real stuff is soooo much better!
Prepare cake, according to directions, in a 9×13 pan. I used a 9×9 pan here…which just made it a little thicker. I used a Golden Butter cake mix but this would be great with white, yellow or even a chocolate cake mix.
Now for the fun part! Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes, then poke holes in the top of the cake with the end of a wooden…or plastic…spoon. Holes should be about 1 inch apart, and cover the entire cake.
Next pour the can of condensed milk over the cake and spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Doesn’t it look so good already?!
Now pour the jar of caramel sauce on and spread it out.
Go ahead and stick the cake in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool. Once cake is cooled you can make the whipped cream or pull out the cool whip. Sprinkle half the bag of Butterfinger Baking Bits over the caramel. If you can’t find Butterfinger Baking Bits at the store you can just crush up 3 or 4 Butterfinger candy bars. I LOVE the bits though because they save me some work…and time. 🙂
Next spread the whipped cream over the top.
Top it all off with the remaining Butterfinger Baking Bits. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now cut ya a big ol’ slice and grab a glass of milk!
I hope you love it as much as we did. I’m pretty sure my 6 year old literally squealed when he saw it!
- Golden Butter boxed cake mix, or your favorite boxed caked mix, made according to box directions
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) jar caramel topping
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream and sugar to prepare it
- 1 bag Butterfinger Baking Bits or crushed Butterfinger candy bars
- Make cake according to box directions and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Poke cake all over with end of wooden or plastic spoon.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over the top and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Pour jar of caramel topping over the top and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until cool.
- Sprinkle half of the bag of Butterfinger Baking Bits over the top.
- Prepare whipping cream and spread over the top...or use cool whip.
- Top with remaining baking bits and refrigerate until ready to serve.